The Certificate in Advanced Sports Nutrition is the most advanced sports nutrition course available relevant to team sports. It provides the latest science but also the application -from theory to recipes- put together by Asker Jeukendrup, leader in the field from an academic point of view, who has published over 200 papers but in addition has worked as a practitioner for many years.
This Certificate is a combination of cutting edge knowledge and years of experience working at the highest level in sport. The FCB DNA comes in when we add in each topic an example of how we at FCB do find solutions for these issues.
The Certificate in Advanced Sports Nutrition will give clear guidelines, but do not expect a cookie-cutter approach where you get one solution you can use to solve all problems. You will learn to think to come up with specific solutions for specific situations.
To build upon existing sports nutrition knowledge and discuss the latest in sports nutrition science and how this is applied in elite level sport. Practices as "used by FCB" will be shared to illustrate the application of science in daily practice.
• Improve athletes’ behavior through sports nutrition.
• Implement supplements in daily practice.
• Minimize the risk of supplement use.
• Optimising acute recovery and training adaptation with nutrition.
• Plan nutrition for a season as well as a week.
• Understand the theoretical basis for nutrition periodization. • Apply personalization in team sports nutrition.
• Apply the latest science around on match day preparation.