Barça Universitas, with the support of renowned international expert Michael P. Hoffman, gives you the opportunity to investigate the different theoretical frameworks related to the study of business leadership.
In this course, you will use different theoretical frameworks from leadership studies and the global philanthropic outlook in order to consider corporate social responsibility, how business leaders resolve ethical issues and the role business professionals play in the process of leading (managing) the organization so that prioritizing the “common good” can be optimized personally and professionally to make a social and market impact.
This course is designed to explore the manner in which business leaders in the fields of sports and entertainment deal with ethical issues as they guide (steward) their organizations in such a way that prioritizing the “common good” can, in turn, be personally and professionally optimized for social and market impact
• Compare and contrast the major leadership theories and discuss the key points of each theory.
• Given different organizational scenarios, discuss and analyze the responsibilities and privileges of leaders, including ethical and moral decisions and the right use of authority and power.
• Analyze their own leadership style(s) and evaluate the impact of each approach to leadership on the workplace.
• Examine the differences between a leader and a manager and analyze the perspectives that shape each role for maintaining a healthy organization.
• Understand and articulate significant concepts relating to the study of leadership.
• Discuss the interplay between leadership, ethics, and social responsibility, and the linkages between various leadership models and the concept of moral leadership.
• Understand and articulate how prioritizing the “common good” can be personally and professionally optimized for social and market impact.