The sports facilities industry has experienced a huge surge in development in the last decade. Nowadays, it would be hard to find anywhere in the world where a stadium or arena hasn’t been planned for or inaugurated.
In parallel with stadium construction, there have been transformative advances in consumer technology. These trends, which are increasingly convergent, mean that the sports industry is moving towards a new model in which the stadium is a technological and commercial platform.
This change revolutionizes the traditional way of thinking about the stadium experience. Making decisions about the width of the seats or the price of a beer is no longer enough. Clubs must create ways for fans and spectators to shape their own experience. Although the platform concept requires a change of mentality for stadium teams and operators, those who adopt it for the design, construction, and operation of stadiums will be at the forefront of offering their fans the best experience.
The Certificate in Sports Facilities Management offers you all the knowledge and tools necessary to analyze, design and develop business models for both existing and new stadiums and arenas. In this way, you can maximize the performance of the venue, provide a better experience for spectators, and guarantee that revenue is generated 365 days a year.
Develop the capacity for critical analysis, competence, skills and tools to identify new market trends in sports facilities, stadiums, and arenas, and design the ideal strategy and product for each project.
• Understand the evolution of the sports facilities market; design successful strategic plans for new projects and for existing venues.
• Develop, implement and manage a business model that maximizes revenue for each stadium or arena.
• Identify different business models for each stadium or arena, in terms of the competitive environment and market, and new trends and changes that are disrupting the industry.
• Identify the keys to success for each project or business model in real case studies of sporting venues.
• Deliver improved experiences to spectators and guarantee that revenue is generated 365 days a year.